This is what we are all about: The Dapper Doughnut
National Donut Day rolls into Boise on Friday, June 7.
Here are places to score free donuts (or for spelling purists, doughnuts) — plus other sweet promotions.
▪ Krispy Kreme, 1525 N. Eagle Road in Meridian, is offering one free donut of your choice. No purchase necessary.
▪ Walmart stores are handing out a free full-size glazed donut in the bakery section. Again, you aren’t required to buy squat. (But you’ll probably buy something. It’s Wally World.)
▪ Guru Donuts, 928 W. Main St. in Boise, is giving away a free potato donut with any in-store purchase. They open at 7 a.m. and will probably sell out relatively early. It’s part of an all-day celebration that includes ice cream for sale from The STIL starting at 10 a.m. and music from The Red Light Challenge.
▪ The Fit Donut, 1330 E. Fairview Ave. #105 in Meridian, will give a free donut to the first 25 customers who make a purchase. The store opens at 8 a.m., and you can call ahead to order.
▪ The Dapper Doughnut, 6711 N. Glenwood St. in Garden City, is offering 20 percent off freshly made mini donuts. The store is open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Maybe next year they’ll give out free ones, since they’re small. Might be a good way to sample folks.)