The Albertsons Boise Open golf tournament returns to its traditional September spot on the calendar this year but with higher stakes than ever before. The $1 million event at Hillcrest Country Club is part of the Web.com Tour Finals, a four-event series that determines 25 spots on the PGA Tour for the 2016-17 season. The finals bring together the top 75 players on the Web.com Tour and those ranked Nos. 126-200 on the PGA Tour who don’t otherwise have exemptions for the PGA Tour next season. The top 25 players on the Web.com Tour already have earned PGA Tour privileges for next season; the 25 who earn the most money during the finals will join them.
TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE: HILLCREST COUNTRY CLUB
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Thursday: 7:45 a.m. to 7 p.m.
▪ Friday: 7:45 a.m. to 7 p.m.
▪ Saturday: 9 a.m.; leaders tee off at approximately 11:30 a.m.
▪ Sunday: 9 a.m.; leaders tee off at approximately 11:30 a.m. (awards ceremony after 4 p.m.)
NOTE: The tournament will utilize a two-tee start all four days (players starting at holes No. 1 and 10).
▪ Who: Top 75 players on the Web.com Tour, Nos. 126-200 on the PGA Tour and select other golfers
▪ Purse: $1 million ($180,000 for winner)
▪ TV: The Golf Channel
▪ Tickets: $15 daily grounds, $25 weekly grounds ($35 at the gate), $50 weekly clubhouse ($70 at the gate). Youths 17 and younger get in free with a ticketed adult. Purchase, or get more info, at albertsonsboiseopen.com/tickets-info.
▪ Parking: Free shuttle from the airport economy lot at Victory and Orchard.
PLAYERS EXPECTED TO PARTICIPATE
Web.com Tour No. 1 Wesley Bryan (current Web.com money list), rookie Bryson DeChambeau, British Open star Andrew “Beef” Johnston, former PGA Tour winners such as Stuart Appleby, Jason Gore, Matt Jones and Camilo Villegas, Tyler Aldridge of Nampa and several former Boise Open winners, including defending champion Martin Piller.
OTHER EVENTS AT HILLCREST COUNTRY CLUB
▪ Pro-Am tournament, Hillcrest Country Club, 1:30 p.m. Monday
▪ Pro-Am tournament, BanBury Golf Club and The Club at SpurWing, 9 a.m. Tuesday
▪ Pro-Am tournament, Hillcrest Country Club, 7:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Wednesday
▪ Free Idaho Statesman Junior Clinic, 5 p.m. Wednesday. All junior golfers will receive a official tournament cap, a commemorative gift and poster, hot dogs and drinks. Clubs will be provided if needed.
▪ Pilot Error concert after golf on Friday
▪ Lounge on Fire concert after golf on Saturday
▪ Pepsi Pavilion hospitality area (open to all ticket holders), 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday through Sunday
▪ Family Day activities (includes mascots, clowns, reptile show, etc.), 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday
▪ Breakfast at Hillcrest (free for ticket holders), 9-11 a.m. Sunday
▪ Putting contest qualifiers each day with putt to win a car lease Sunday
▪ Enter the hole-in-one drawing Sunday to win $30,000 toward a car if a pro makes a hole-in-one.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER BOISE
▪ Playoff stop No. 3: Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship, Columbus, Ohio, Setp. 22-25
▪ Playoff stop No. 4: Web.com Tour Championship, Atlantic Beach, Fla., Oct. 6-9