1. San Diego State: Aztecs deserved a better opponent but can’t argue with a week in Hawaii.
2. Air Force: It’s contrasting styles with Air Force vs. Cal in Armed Forces Bowl.
3. Boise State: Broncos can salvage some good vibes from 2015 with a bowl win.
4. Colorado State: The Rams have won five of their past six, a nice finish to Mike Bobo’s first regular season.
5. New Mexico: Lobos showed impressive resilience in bowl loss to Arizona.
6. Utah State: Potato Bowl loss is fifth in seven games since beating Boise State.
7. Nevada: Coach Brian Polian is 17-20 in three seasons.
8. San Jose State: If you’re going to a bowl at 5-7, you better win. Spartans did.
9. Fresno State: Bulldogs’ three wins came against Abilene Christian, UNLV and Hawaii.
10. Wyoming: Cowboys need to make a big leap in coach Craig Bohl’s third season.
11. UNLV: Rebels’ new-coach momentum vanished with 1-6 finish.
12. Hawaii: New coach Nick Rolovich inherits one of the nation’s most difficult rebuilds.