Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area has established its closing dates for the 2015-16 season.
▪ Saturday will be the last day of night skiing. Open hours reduce to 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
▪ April 3 will mark the end of seven-day-a-week operations.
▪ And April 17 will be the final ski day of the season.
Bogus will be open April 9-10 and 16-17 for weekend skiing. Fun activities are being planned for those weekends but the details haven’t been solidified. A pond-skimming event is expected to be included.
March storms gave Bogus Basin enough snow to provide good skiing into April. The ski area closed March 13 last year.
“This year, we had the snow but not necessarily the people to merit extended operations during the week,” said John Hart, the marketing director at Bogus Basin.
Other ski areas’ closing plans:
▪ Tamarack Resort closes Sunday.
▪ Brundage Mountain ends seven-day operations April 10 and will be open April 16-17 and April 23-24. More bonus weekends could be added.
▪ Sun Valley Resort plans to close Bald Mountain April 17 and Dollar Mountain April 3.