Here are some suggested lifetime rules for Idaho Republican politicians and their families.
1. If charged with a crime, you have to use a public defender.
2. You will have no health insurance. If you need medical care, go to a hospital emergency room and pay the bills yourself. You also pay for your dental and eye care.
3. You will be subject to hate and bias crimes as well as housing and job discrimination with no legal protection.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Idaho Statesman
4. Your family will have no access to birth control or legal abortions, no matter what the reasons are.
5. Your children will not be protected in school from discrimination and bullying based upon sexual orientation or gender identity.
6. You and your family members don’t get to vote (we’re trying to prevent that rampant voter ID fraud problem).
7. Public education for your children - no private schools.
8. No pension when you retire. You’ll have to rely on Social Security and Medicare to survive.
9. Minimum wage salary is all you can ever earn, but don’t worry, you can work as many hours as you like.
This is how many people you supposedly represent live today.
Bill Rutherford, Meridian