F-35 mission — more questions than answers. I was invited and attempted to take part in a live telecom Sept. 28 from 6-7 p.m. In fact, other concerned citizens made the same attempt but their questions were not aired as well. For that reason, I am including my questions in hopes that that they will be answered.
1) With all the verifiable, current noise-related data from other areas that have the F-35, why would our local and state officials embrace the F-35 mission before even hearing this aircraft take off from our city airport?
2) Why risk a currently healthy Boise economy and quality of life for a mission that brings considerable concern for harmful noise levels and greater pollution?
3) Was the Orchard training facility, 14 miles outside Boise limits, with runway expansion, ever considered a viable alternative?
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Idaho Statesman
4) Why assume Reservists would not travel the extra distance to be part of a “ cutting edge” mission?
5) Is it possible that Gowen Field would hold onto the A-10 longer without the F-35?
6) Has the Environmental Impact Study been completed?
Betty Bermensolo, USNR, Boise