Canyon County

Fire destroys JC Watson Co.’s onion storage building outside Parma

A fire erupted Thursday night outside Parma at JC Watson Co.’s onion storage building, totally destroying the building, authorities said.

The fire started around 8 p.m. due to an unknown cause, and on Friday morning it was controlled but crews were still on scene. The roof had collapsed and the building is a total loss, according to Parma Rural Fire Protection District Chief James Cook.

The storage building is in 300 block of South Street, off of Main Street. It was the only structure that burned.

Established in 1912, JC Watson’s website describe the company does “growing, packing and shipping fresh onions year-round.”

This is a breaking news story that the Idaho Statesman will continue to update today.

  Comments