An accidental fire that started on the kitchen stove damaged a house near 21st and Jefferson in Boise Wednesday afternoon, Boise fire investigators determined.
The residents safely evacuated before fire crews arrived, but a dog was still inside, Boise Fire Department spokeswoman Tammy Barry said. The dog was rescued, given oxygen and taken to the Idaho Humane Society, she said.
The family of three is receiving assistance from the fire department’s Burnout Fund.
The two-alarm fire, reported at 4:16 p.m., took about 20 minutes to knock down, Barry said. Six engines and two trucks responded.