Boise & Garden City

Boise man suffers burns to face, legs in apartment fire that started due to smoking

The Boise Fire Department reported Wednesday that a man suffered burns to his face and legs in an apartment fire on Vista Avenue.

The Vista Terrace Apartments, in the 1900 block of Vista Avenue, caught fire just before midnight on Tuesday, and firefighters pulled the victim from a smoking apartment.

The fire was accidentally caused, due to “smoking materials,” according to Boise Fire. Further information about the victim’s health status was unavailable Wednesday.

  Comments