The Meridian Fire Department responded to a fire that started outside a house on N. Crestmont Drive in Meridian at around 2 a.m. on Tuesday.
The family, as well as numerous pets, including dogs, goats and a rabbit, were not harmed, though the fire damaged the outside of the house.
Fire crews from Meridian, Boise and Eagle responded to the call.
The cause of the fire, the outdoor heat lamp, was installed to help keep the animals warm.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Fire crews were able to keep the fire from spreading to the interior of the house. The family was able to return to their home after the fire was out.