Take A Ride Down Bogus Basin’s Most Beautiful Run
Here are weekend entertainment highlights and things to do in Boise, Idaho, on April 12-14, 2019:
1. Surf at Bogus
After a massive snow year, Sunday is the final day at Bogus Basin. A whole slew of events are planned. You can enter a raffle to win one of the soon-to-be-replaced Morning Star chairlift seats, sample beer from New Belgium Brewing Co. — or watch the crazies try to snowboard and ski across water during the fourth annual Pond Skim. Check out bogusbasin.com for times and details.
2. Do Record Store Day
If you’re a music geek, head Downtown for the 12th Record Store Day on Saturday, April 13. The Record Exchange will have 400 exclusive, limited-edition releases, plus offer all sorts of deals and fun. The store opens at 8 a.m., but customers can crash the gift shop at 7:30 a.m. The first 25 people in line will receive vouchers for a free gift bag with purchase, and a $50 gift card will be randomly inserted into one of the 25 bags. Free drip coffee and Guru Donuts will be available from 7:30 to 8 a.m. The first 50 to buy something on Record Store Day will receive a free commemorative poster.
3. GO TO A CONCERT
▪ MercyMe: 6 p.m. Friday, April 12, Taco Bell Arena, 1401 Bronco Lane, Boise. $14-$99. Ticketmaster. Opening: Crowder, Micah Tyler.
▪ Dan Costello and Jeremiah James: 7 p.m. Friday, April 12, Acoustic Alchemy Studio at Augustana Chapel, 707 W. Fort St., Boise. $15 at door or itickets.com.
▪ Shane Smith & The Saints: 8 p.m. Friday, April 12, Knitting Factory, 416 S. 9th St., Boise. $20. TicketWeb. $22 day of show.
▪ World’s Finest: 7 p.m. Saturday, April 13, The Olympic, 1009 Main St., Boise. $10. eventbrite.com. Opening: Jonathan Warren and The Billy Goats.
▪ Dan + Shay: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 13, Revolution Center, 4983 N. Glenwood St., Garden City. Sold out.
▪ Hozier: 8 p.m. Saturday, April 13, Knitting Factory, 416 S. 9th St., Boise. Sold out.
▪ The Black Lillies: 8:30 p.m. Saturday, April 13, Neurolux, 111 N. 11th St., Boise. $15. TicketWeb. $17 at the door.
▪ Andy Frasco and The U.N.: 7 p.m. Sunday, April 14, The Olympic, 1009 Main St., Boise. $12. eventbrite.com. $15 at the door. Opening: Vintage Pistol.
▪ AJJ: 8:30 p.m. Sunday, April 14, Neurolux, 111 N. 11th St., Boise. $15. TicketWeb. $17 at the door. Opening: Antarctigo Vespucci, Lisa Prank.
4. HAVE A LAUGH
Comedian Ben Gleib is the headliner now through Sunday at Liquid Laughs in Downtown Boise. Gleib was a frequent guest on “Chelsea Lately,” is a regular on NBC’s “Today,” has a one-hour Showtime special (“Neurotic Ganster”) and hosts “Idiotest” on GSN.
5. GET EGG ON YOUR FACE
▪ Easter EGGstravaganza: Easter Bunny and animal helpers will pass out over 30,000 pieces of candy and eggs. Also, face painting, photo ops, special treats for the animals, more family activities and, of course, the zoo. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 13 (last admission at 4:30 p.m.), Zoo Boise, 355 Julia Davis Drive. $10 general, $8 children 3-11, $7 seniors, free for ages 2 and younger and Friends of Zoo Boise pass holders. 208-608-7760, zooboise.org.
▪ Easter EggXtravaganza: Egg hunts at 10:30 and 11:30 a.m., family activities, games, photos with the bunny. 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 13, Guerber Park, 2200 Hill Road, Eagle. Interested in volunteering: 208-489-8763. Spring Eggstravaganza: Egg hunts, Easter Bunny photo ops, cutest “chick” costume contest, garden education classes, spring market. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 13, Indian Creek Plaza, 120 S. Kimball Ave., Caldwell. indiancreekplaza.com/spring-eggstravaganza. Free.
▪ Easter Egg Hunt and Food Drive: Benefits the City Light Home for Women and Children. Hosted by the Boise Treasure Valley Seahawkers. 2 to 3 p.m. Sunday, April 14, Capitol Park, 610 W. Jefferson St., Boise.