Ravens 19, Colts 18
INDIANAPOLIS In his first start since early November, Andrew Luck completed all eight of his passes, led the Colts on two long drives and avoided taking any hits in a loss to Baltimore.
▪ Boise State connection: Baltimore LB Kamalei Correa had one tackle and one pass defended.
Rams 21, Chiefs 20
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Idaho Statesman
LOS ANGELES Todd Gurley rushed for a touchdown in his preseason debut in Los Angeles.
▪ Local connections: Kansas City DB Jeron Johnson (Boise State) saw playing time as a substitute.
49ers 31, Broncos 24
DENVER Christian Ponder ran for a score and threw for another in the fourth quarter, and San Francisco pulled away.
▪ Local connections: Denver C Matt Paradis (Council High/Boise State) started. Broncos DE Billy Winn (Boise State) and S Shiloh Keo (Idaho) had three solo tackles apiece, and Winn recovered a fumble.
Texans 16, Saints 9
HOUSTON Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler threw a touchdown pass and led the starting offense to three first-half scores — and a victory.
▪ Local connections: Saint TE Josh Hill (Idaho State/Blackfoot High) had one catch for 7 yards, while C Marcus Henry (Boise State) saw playing time off the bench.
Bills 21, Giants 0
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. Quarterback Tyrod Taylor zipped a 13-yard touchdown pass over the middle to LeSean McCoy to cap his fourth and final series.
▪ Boise State connections: Giants CB Donte Deayon had defended two passes and had one tackle assist, and S Darian Thompson had one tackle for loss and an assisted tackle on special teams.
Bucs 27, Jaguars 21
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. Blake Bortles threw two touchdowns passes in three drives and gave Jacksonville an early lead, but Tampa Bay rallied for the win.
Panthers 26, Titans 16
NASHVILLE, Tenn. Cam Newton threw for 162 yards and led scoring drives on two of his four series as Carolina defeated Tennessee. Newton went 8-of-12 before leaving midway through the second quarter.