The final day of the 5A/4A state track and field meet is Saturday at Dona Larsen Park.
Here are updates for Treasure Valley athletes as events become final throughout the day:
▪ Caldwell senior Lita Forse won the 4A girls shot put for the second year — and the fourth year in a row for a Caldwell female shot putter — with a season-best throw of 42 feet, 4 inches. Forse, a Washington State signee, finished second in the discus Friday.
▪ Capital senior Britt Ipsen won his second and third events of the meet, taking the 5A boys high jump (6-8) in the morning and then winning the triple jump with a mark of 47 feet, 2 inches. He could add a fourth gold in the 110 hurdles.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Idaho Statesman
▪ Skyview senior Auby Barr won the 4A girls pole vault for the fourth year in a row. Barr, who will be a preferred walk-on at Boise State this fall, cleared 11 feet. Barr’s older sister, Chelsea Barr, won four consecutive pole vault titles at the 2A level from 2006-09 at Nampa Christian High.
▪ Bishop Kelly senior Lindsey Schmidt, a future Princeton heptathlete, won her third event of the 4A meet with a long jump of 17 feet, 10 inches. Schmidt also won the triple jump and high jump Friday and still has the 100 hurdles to go.
▪ Emmett senior Darrian Walker won the 4A boys pole vault with a clearance of 14 feet, 6 inches.
▪ 4x200 relay wins: Bishop Kelly (4A girls, 1:44.02), Twin Falls (4A boys, 1:28.28), Mountain View (5A girls, 1:41.13) and Mountain View (5A boys, 1:27.29). The Mavs’ boys and girls each set an overall state meet record.
▪ 1,600 meters: Blackfoot’s Michelle Pratt (4A girls, 5:00.70), Moscow’s Josh Corgatelli (4A boys, 4:18.85), Mountain View’s Lexy Halladay (5A girls, 5:52.51), and Bonneville’s Coen Haroldsen (5A boys, 4:20.73). Halladay’s time breaks the previous overall record of 4:53.86, set by Borah’s Sara Christianson in 2016.
▪ 100 hurdles: Bishop Kelly’s Lindsey Schmidt (4A girls, 14.92), and Capital’s Emma Cole (5A girls, 14.80). Schmidt now has four state titles at this meet.
▪ 110 hurdles: Bishop Kelly’s Alex Pagan (4A boys, 15.05), and Rocky Mountain’s Zach Meyer (5A boys, 14.72). Capital’s Britt Ipsen had his fourth win in hand, but stumbled a bit on the landing from his final hurdle and finished third.
▪ 400 meters: Pocatello’s Harlee Hales (4A girls, 56.30), and Ridgevue’s Kade Linder (4A boys, 49.05). Linder overtook Canyon Ridge’s Abdelgadir Mohamed down the final stretch, setting a classification record. Autumn Kidd fell as she crossed the finish line, but she did enough to win the 5A girls race in 57.33, just ahead of Eagle’s Brooklyn Bingham at 57.36. The 5A boys title came down to a photo finish, with the win going to Post Falls senior Parker Walton in 48.33. Walton fell into a somersault as he crossed the finish line, edging Lake City’s Alex Ayers (48.40) and Mountain View’s Caleb Hardy (48.67).
▪ 100 meters: Bishop Kelly’s Rebecca Troescher (4A girls, 12.48), Twin Falls’ Muamer Mujic (4A boys, 10.79), Hillcrest’s Araoluwa Omotowa (5A girls, 12.26) and Rocky Mountain’s Carter Kuehl (5A boys, 10.66). Omotowa beat Mountain View’s Asha Byrd by 6-one thousandths of a second.
▪ 800 meters: Blackfoot senior Michelle Pratt broke the overall meet record with her win in 4A girls competition in 2:11.47. The previous record was 2:13.23 set by Boise’s Emily Hamlin in 2014. Blackfoot junior Derek Thomas won the 4A boys race (1:57.31). Favorite Lexy Halladay of Mountain View fell on the back stretch of the first 200 meters, dropping to last in the race. She recovered for a fourth-place finish (2:17.15), while teammate Makenna Schuler wins in 2:13.31. Timberline sophomore Caleb Stamper won the 5A boys race (1:55.15).
▪ 4x100 relay: Bishop Kelly (4A girls, 49.26), and Twin Falls (4A boys, 42.33). Bruins’ time is a new classification record. The Mountain View girls easily take the 5A title in an overall meet record of 48.09. Previous record was 48.14 by Eagle in 2013. Mountain View also won the 5A boys race, but the Mavs’ win was taken away after they were disqualified for a lane violation. The win then went to Hillcrest (43.08).
▪ 300 hurdles: Middleton sophomore Carlee Heindel (4A girls, 44.39), Mountain View’s Melanie Marquis (5A girls, 44.82), Bishop Kelly’s Alex Pagan (4A boys, 39.07), and Lake City’s Alex Ayers (5A boys, 38.27).
▪ 200 meters: Minico’s Taylia Stimpson (4A girls, 25.16), Twin Falls’ Muamer Mujic (4A boys, 21.98), Rocky Mountain’s Bailey Boerner (5A girls, 24.97), and Rocky Mountain’s Carter Kuehl (5A boys, 21.45).
4x400 relay: Pocatello (4A girls, 4:00.18), Skyview (4A boys, 3:24.97), Mountain View (5A girls, 3:58.22) and Timberline (5A boys, 3:21.88).
Team titles: Bishop Kelly (4A boys and girls), Rocky Mountain (5A boys) and Mountain View (5A girls).