After struggling in the first two games of the season, the Boise State offensive line got some good news Sunday night — even though it did not mean immediate reinforcements are coming.
Kekaniokoa Gonzalez, a 6-foot-2, 286-pound center from Mater Dei High (Santa Ana, Calif.), verbally committed to the Broncos’ 2018 recruiting class.
Gonzalez also had offers from Army, Air Force, San Jose State, Hawaii and New Mexico. He mans the middle of the offensive line for the Monarchs, who are ranked by MaxPreps as the No. 1 high school team in the country. Three other senior offensive linemen for the Monarchs have FBS offers.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Idaho Statesman
Scout.com ranks Gonzalez as a three-star prospect and the No. 2 center in California. He is the first known offensive line commit for the Broncos in the current recruiting class.
BOISE STATE FOOTBALL 2018 RECRUITING COMMITMENTS
▪ LB Phillip Mills, 6-3, 220, Paloma Valley High (Menifee, Calif.)
▪ LB Brandon Hawkins, 6-3, 210, Georgetown (Texas) High
▪ QB Zach Wilson, 6-3, 200, Corner Canyon High (Draper, Utah)
▪ LB DJ Schramm, 6-1, 215, Clovis West High (Fresno, Calif.)
▪ NT Scale Igiehon, 6-2, 327, Del Valle (Texas) High
▪ DE/LB Kukea Emmsley, 6-4, 230, Kapolei (Hawaii) High
▪ NT Keeghan Freeborn, 6-1, 310, Rocky Mountain High
▪ RB Zidane Thomas, 5-10, 205, Centennial High (Peoria, Ariz.)
▪ RB Andrew Van Buren, 5-11, 196, Chaminade Prep (West Hills, Calif.)
▪ C Kekaniokoa Gonzalez 6-2, 286, Mater Dei High (Santa Ana, Calif.)