The Broncos picked up a verbal commitment from Kukea Emmsley, a defensive end/linebacker from Kapolei (Hawaii) High on Wednesday night.
Emmsley’s uncle, Loa Emmsley, played at Boise State in the early 2000s. Emmsley (6-foot-4, 230 pounds) was offered by Oregon last month and also had offers from Air Force, Hawaii, Navy, Oregon State and Utah State. He is ranked by Rivals.com as Hawaii’s No. 4 recruit.
Boise State now has seven known verbal commitments for the 2018 class, two on the defensive line, both coming this week. Texas nose tackle Scale Igiehon announced his commitment Monday. In recent years, Boise State has found success in Hawaii on the defensive side of the ball with the likes of Kamalei Correa and Jeremy Ioane. The Broncos added a newcomer this summer in freshman safety Kekaula Kaniho.
BOISE STATE FOOTBALL 2018 RECRUITING COMMITMENTS
▪ LB Phillip Mills, 6-3, 220, Paloma Valley High (Menifee, Calif.)
▪ LB Brandon Hawkins, 6-3, 210, Georgetown (Texas) High
▪ QB Zach Wilson, 6-3, 200, Corner Canyon High (Draper, Utah)
▪ LB DJ Schramm, 6-1, 215, Clovis West High (Fresno, Calif.)
▪ RB/WR Kazmeir Allen, 5-9, 165, Tulare (Calif.) Union High
▪ NT Scale Igiehon, 6-2, 327, Del Valle (Texas) High
▪ DE/LB Kukea Emmsley, 6-4, 230, Kapolei (Hawaii) High