A mystery recruit for the Boise State football team finally made himself known Monday.
Scale Igiehon, a nose tackle from Del Valle (Texas) High, tweeted that he has committed to the Broncos’ 2018 recruiting class. On June 19, Boise State coach Bryan Harsin tweeted “GO BRONCOS! Hard Nose & Tough!” but who the commitment was didn’t go public until now.
Igiehon fits the mold the Broncos prefer for a nose tackle in the middle of their defensive line — he is listed at 6-foot-2, 327 pounds. The two nose tackles on the Broncos’ depth chart weigh 298 and 309 pounds. Igiehon also had offers from Purdue, Rice, Toledo, Colorado State and others.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Boise State now has six known commitments for the 2018 class: three linebackers, a quarterback and a running back/receiver in addition to Igiehon.
BOISE STATE FOOTBALL 2018 RECRUITING COMMITMENTS
▪ LB Phillip Mills, 6-3, 220, Paloma Valley High (Menifee, Calif.)
▪ LB Brandon Hawkins, 6-3, 210, Georgetown (Texas) High
▪ QB Zach Wilson, 6-3, 200, Corner Canyon High (Draper, Utah)
▪ LB DJ Schramm, 6-1, 215, Clovis West High (Fresno, Calif.)
▪ RB/WR Kazmeir Allen, 5-9, 165, Tulare (Calif.) Union High
▪ NT Scale Igiehon, 6-2, 327, Del Valle (Texas) High