With three linebackers and a quarterback committed, the Boise State football team added some serious speed Tuesday night.
Kazmeir Allen, a 5-foot-9, 165-pound running back/receiver from Tulare (Calif.) Union High, verbally committed to the Broncos after drawing offers from Arizona, Colorado State, San Diego State and Utah State, among others.
Allen posted some gaudy numbers last season as a junior, rushing for 1,842 yards while scoring 27 touchdowns, 582 receiving yards with seven more scores, and two kickoff return touchdowns. On June 3, he finished sixth in the 100-meter dash at the CIF State track and field championships, clocking a time of 10.48 seconds.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The commitment was part of a flurry of activity on the recruiting front, as the Broncos went from a class of one to five in a span of 30 hours. It prompted coach Bryan Harsin to tweet “what a day!” Allen was the second pickup from California’s Central Valley on Tuesday night alone, joining Clovis West linebacker DJ Schramm.
BOISE STATE FOOTBALL 2018 RECRUITING COMMITMENTS
▪ LB Phillip Mills, 6-3, 220, Paloma Valley High (Menifee, Calif.)
▪ LB Brandon Hawkins, 6-3, 210, Georgetown (Texas) High
▪ QB Zach Wilson, 6-3, 200, Corner Canyon High (Draper, Utah)
▪ LB DJ Schramm, 6-1, 215, Clovis West High (Fresno, Calif.)
▪ RB/WR Kazmeir Allen, 5-9, 165, Tulare (Calif.) Union High