Boise State continued to add talent to its receiving corps with the commitment over Center (Texas) High wide receiver Octavius Evans.
Evans (6-foot-2, 200 pounds), tweeted Sunday that he committed to the Broncos. Coach Bryan Harsin tweeted two “Go Broncos” on Saturday, the phrase used for a new commit. Evans is the only recruit to announce his commitment publicly this weekend, and was just one of two known players making official visits to Boise, along with California receiver Damon Cole. Cole told Scout.com he will announce his choice Monday.
Ranked as a four-star recruit by Scout.com before the season, Evans also had offers from Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Indiana. Now a three-star on the site, he had 66 catches for 862 yards and six touchdowns in 10 games as a senior. He finished his high school career with 3,200 receiving yards in four seasons at Center, near the Texas-Louisiana border about 50 miles southwest of Shreveport, La.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Evans is the Broncos’ fourth known commitment from Texas for the 2017 class and the second wide receiver, joining Lancaster High’s Cartrell Thomas. Check out Evans’ senior highlights below.
Sean Seawards, an offensive lineman from Saguaro High in Scottsdale, Ariz., committed to Boise State last weekend. He received an offer from UCLA on Tuesday and visited the Bruins this weekend. On Sunday, he tweeted that he has decided to decommit from Boise State.
Make sure to check out IdahoStatesman.com and Facebook.com/boisestatesports all week for Boise State football coverage, including a look at the Broncos’ January workouts, plus tons of information on signing day, Wednesday. We will update the site throughout the day and provide videos for an inside look at the Broncos’ recruiting class.
BOISE STATE 2017 COMMITMENTS
VERBALLY COMMITTED, EXPECTED TO SIGN WEDNESDAY
▪ OT Mike Young, 6-6, 335, Queen Creek (Ariz.) High
▪ LB Breydon Boyd, 6-4, 215, Katy (Texas) High
▪ QB Chase Cord, 6-3, 185, Sunrise Mountain HS (Peoria, Ariz.)
▪ OL Isiah Moore, 6-5, 315, Mesa CC (Tiffin, Ohio)
▪ CB Jermani Brown, 5-11, 175, Midlothian (Va.) High
▪ DB Tyreque Jones, 6-3, 190, San Gorgonio HS (San Bernardino, Calif.)
▪ DB Quentin Brown, 6-2, 190, Conroe (Texas) High
▪ WR Cartrell Thomas, 5-9, 160, Lancaster (Texas) High
▪ LB/S Roman Kafentzis, 6-2, 200, Mater Dei HS (Santa Ana, Calif.)
▪ DE Aisa Kelemete, 6-4, 225, Highland HS (Pocatello)
▪ DB Kekaula Kaniho, 6-0, 170, Kahuku (Hawaii) High
▪ LB Ezekiel Noa, 6-0, 230, Helix HS (La Mesa, Calif.)
▪ RB Drake Beasley, 5-11, 200, La Canada HS (La Canada Flintridge, Calif.)
▪ WR Octavius Evans, 6-2, 200, Center (Texas) High
SIGNED, ENROLLED AND ON CAMPUS
▪ S Mike Young, 6-0, 205, Dodge City CC (Raytown, Mo.)
▪ QB Rathen Ricedorff, 6-1, 200, Mesa CC (Show Low, Ariz.)
▪ OL John Ojukwu, 6-6, 285, Boise High
▪ DB Marques Evans, 6-1, 180, Newbury Park (Calif.) High
▪ OL Zach Troughton, 6-5, 310, Butte College (Maxwell, Calif.)