Entering its third year of lift-served skiing, Tamarack resort is still in its infancy, but it's growing fast. This year, Tamarack is adding more attractions as it becomes a destination ski resort.
* Check out one of the best terrain parks in the state. Tamarack has an Olympic-sized super pipe and terrain parks that offer features for all abilities.
* Splurge in the restaurants for lunch or dinner. You can get good chow for pretty reasonable prices, especially considering ski-area food isn't known for its value prices.
* Take a tour. Tamarack offers a variety of guided winter trips, from snowshoes to snowmobiles.
* Make it a weekend. Tamarack has overnight ski packages and offers ski-in/ski-out lodging.
* Check out some of the best snowboarders in the world at the U.S. Snowboard Grand Prix Feb. 9-10.
* Two new ski runs will bring Tamarack's total to 41 marked trails.
* The Olympic super pipe features 22-foot walls and will give local riders a chance to ride what the pros ride.
* Tamarack will join Brundage with a Burton Learn to Ride Center, the snowboard company is offering to improve snowboard instruction at resorts.
* Tamarack bought an outfitting license for snowmobile tours and will offer trips from the resort's 7,700-foot summit onto the 350-mile groomed trail network on the Payette National Forest.
Getting there: Take Idaho 55 about 90 miles north of Boise. Go west on West Roseberry Road, south onto Norwood, west onto Tamarack Falls Road, south on West Mountain Road for three miles.
Lifts: Seven; three high speed detachable quads, two fixed-grip quads and two surface lifts.
Skiable acres: 1,100 acres.
Vertical: 2,800 feet.
Slope difficulty: 17 percent beginner, 44 percent intermediate, 39 percent advanced.
Top elevation: 7,700 feet.
Night skiing: No.
Longest run: 4 miles.
Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
Daily lift ticket prices: $59 for adults (18 to 64), $30 for kids (7 to 17); 6 and under ski free; college students and military, $39; seniors age 65 and older, $41.
Equipment rental prices: Adult ski and snowboard packages, $32. Junior ski and snowboard package, $22. Performance ski package for $40 per day.
Cat skiing: Yes.
Terrain park: 500-foot super pipe and terrain parks with rails, obstacles and stunts.
General info: Call (208) 325-1000, (877) 826-7376. www.tamarackidaho.com.