Brundage is located near McCall and has a well-earned reputation for prime powder skiing.
After a good storm - and Brundage averages over 300 inches annually - it's common to cut fresh tracks from first chair to last run and not feel an icy edge for days afterward.
The resort's modest statistics, 46 runs on 1,500 skiable acres and 1,800 vertical feet, belie its real offerings. You can ski nearly the entire mountain thanks to skiable glades and drainages that almost always lead you back to a chairlift.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
* Hit Meadow Bowl after a storm. It's a great place to experience Brundage's glade skiing, and no matter which direction you go, you will end up on a groomed run or a cat track.
* Ski the new Lakeview Bowl. You get a great view of Payette Lake while hitting Brundage's newest runs.
* Grab lunch in the third-floor cafeteria and sit down next to a stranger. By the time you finish your burger, you will probably have a new friend.
* Go cat skiing. If you want the ultimate Brundage powder experience, it's a good way to get it. It's not cheap, but think of it as a one-day ski vacation.
* The Lakeview Lift gives you 150 acres of new terrain with four new runs and glade skiing.
* The Bear Chair gives new skiers and boarders a good place to move up to after they've mastered the Easy Street beginner run.
* Brundage will offer a new "Learn-to-Ride" snowboard program sponsored by Burton. The program uses special gear and teaching techniques to make it easier to learn snowboarding.
Getting there: Take Idaho 55 north 102 miles to McCall, go west about 4 miles to the Brundage turnoff. In good weather, it's about 2 hours from Boise.
Lifts: One quad, four triples.
Skiable acres: 1,500.
Vertical: 1,800 feet.
Slope difficulty: 20 percent beginner, 50 percent intermediate, 30 percent expert.
Top elevation: 7,640 feet.
Longest run: More than 2 miles.
Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.
Daily lift ticket prices: Adult $48, junior (12-18) $34 and seniors 65 and older, youth 7 to 11 is $22, children under 6 free.
Easy street and Bear chair ticket is $31 for all ages.
Equipment rental prices: Snowboard package (any age) $29, adult ski package (ages 12 and up) $25, youth ski package (ages 11 and under) $17.
Cat skiing: Yes.
Terrain park: Yes.
General info: (888) ALL-SNOW for snow report, (800) 888-7544 toll free or 634-4151. www.brundage.com.