This rig can catch bluegill, crappie, perch or trout. Clip a small, round bobber on your line 2 to 4 feet from the end.
* Tie on a hook (size 6 through 12) at the end of the line below the bobber. You might add a small split shot about 8-10 inches above the hook to sink your bait.
* The bobber can be moved up and down, depending on how deep the fish are. When you start getting fish, stay at that depth.
* Add a small garden worm to the hook, not a big piece of nightcrawler, but a small red worm found in your garden. Some fish are dainty when they take the bait.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Idaho Statesman
* For trout, you can use a single salmon egg instead of a worm.
* For bluegill or trout, you might try a cricket or grasshopper.