Fracking, to ban or not to ban? Frack it for profit and power, but fracking poisons we, the people, and our planet.
Change is coming, whether we want it or not. Adapt or perish.
1. Local bans near population centers and critical habitats. Better permit process.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Idaho Statesman
2. Remove the industry exemptions for EPA.
3. Tax the oil and gas industry equitably. Accept the short-term profit loss for the long-term benefits. Create superfunds to clean up toxic waste, assist and compensate people adversely affected.
4. Stimulate industry engineering and technology standards with financial incentives. Implement improved well casing. Disclose, restrict or modify toxic chemical additives. Recycle and conserve water. Don’t pollute.
5. Infrastructure investment for safe and efficient transportation and refinement.
6. Respect communities, and indigenous people’s universal human rights and treaties, and right of life to abide and thrive.
7. Distribute wealth and power equitably, with liberty and justice for all.
8. Stop subsidizing oil and gas industry via war. Frack responsibly, bomb less. Give peace a chance.
I am willing to pay my share of taxes to make our world and my grandchildren healthier. Please realize we are one planet and one people.
Brent Mathieu, Boise