Northwest

Electric shock injures three on Elmore County farm

An Elmore County couple and a juvenile were injured Monday evening when a sprinkler pipe accidentally touched a power line, the Elmore County Sheriff's Office reported Thursday.

Witnesses described seeing arcs of electricity about 3 feet high, moving between the ground and the power pole near Beet Dump Road south of Mountain Home, according to a news release. The powerline was reportedly rated to carry 34,500 volts.

Shelly Dodge was flown by air ambulance Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise and then transferred to a burn center in Salt Lake City, the sheriff's office reports. Her husband, Matthew Dodge, was taken to St. Luke’s Elmore County hospital but has since been released, according to the news release. The juvenile was also taken to the Elmore County hospital, then later taken by air ambulance to a Boise hospital.

The Elmore County Sheriff’s Office and Idaho Power are continuing to investigate this incident. The Dodge family has set up a GoFundMe account to assist with the cost of medical bills and transportation.

  Comments