Remembering The Fallen
- Womansoldier from Caldwell killed
- Fathersays soldier died doing what she wanted
- CarrieFrench reflected 'that which is good in the world'
- CarrieFrench came home 5 months too soon
- Fruitlandman killed in accident near Kirkuk
- Guardsmandies in Iraq
- Soldierfatality list
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
- Gayhart returns from Iraq with praise for 116th
- Q&A with Gen. Alan Gayhart
- Q&A with the 116th's Alan Gayhart: 'Our soldiers are strengthened by these fallen heroes'
- Troopssteel their resolve at formal goodbye at special event
- 713 Idaho Guard members ship out for Fort Bliss
- 1,250soldiers report for duty across Idaho
- Guardloads up tanks, guns for trip to Texas
- Morgan'ssong puts faith in troops
- 13-year-oldEagle girl sings for troops during sendoff
- Guardsmenarrive in Fort Bliss
- Guardmembers tackle paperwork and training
- Traininggets more realistic
- Idahosoldiers get new weapons
- Guardsmentrade in their tanks and prepare for life as foot soldiers
- Soldierscreate a city as they train for Iraq
- Soldiersget a lesson in how to battle insurgents
- IdahoGuard practices final mock mission before Iraq
- Soldiersof 116th, headed to Iraq, enjoy a little Southern hospitality
- Soldiers leave with mixed emotions
- Guardsmenget a rock 'n' roll sendoff from Paul Revere
- Troopsget high-class service
- 116thleaves U.S.
- Boisejournalists reporting from Kirkuk find the 116th Brigade serves as ambassadorsas well as soldiers
- Sniperskeep watch through Iraqi night
- Lookingfor bad guys in 'the underbelly of Kirkuk'
- Soldierswalk a fine line between helping out, waging war
- Makinga home in Kirkuk - Soldiers outfit patrol base with touches of Idaho
- BravoCompany soldiers rock the Casbah
- 7,000miles away from home and alone on a rooftop in Iraq
- RebuildingKirkuk takes some different tactics
- TVlinks Iraqis and their leaders
- Guardoffers Iraqi police a lesson in traffic control
- SecuringKirkuk is a complicated task. Reporter Roger Phillips explains how Idahosoldiers are trying to get the job done.
- Eagle-basedrelief effort receives cash, donated goods
- KellyAnderson and Donna Frye's efforts bring kindness and gifts to Iraqi kids via theIdaho troops of the 116th
Kirkuk Smiles Back
- Halfa world away, a soldier listens to his first-born's birth
- Theconditions are nothing like the ones they left in Idaho, but like anything else,it's all a matter of perspective
- 'Wewere truly a part of history'
- Idahosoldiers find explosive on patrol in Iraq
- 'Thisis Lillian. Lillian, meet your daddy'
- Idahosoldiers called to secure weapons cache
- Soldiersfight the heat with 'acceptance'
- Soldierstry to balance roles of warrior and humanitarian
- Movies,games, chain mail and sore butts: It's called down time
- Whata mission to Iraq meant for the 43 soldiers of 3rd Platoon
- 116thcomes home to Idaho
- Afterdangers of Iraq, soldiers endure long wait at Fort Lewis
- Tearsof joy welcome 121 soldiers home from tour of duty
- 129Guard members return to loved ones human and canine
- Father,husband and soldier returns from Iraq
- Soldierwill get to know his wife, daughter now that he's home