Fires

Citation expected after illegal fireworks caused Nampa house fire

A fire that destroyed a home near Lake Lowell Tuesday morning was caused by aerial fireworks, said Nampa Fire Marshal Phil Roberts.

No one was injured in the fire that started on the roof of a home on the 700 block of West Whisperwood Court around 1:45 a.m. The two occupants — a husband and wife — were alerted to the danger by a neighbor who pounded on their door, Roberts said.

Roberts did not name the suspect(s) in the case, but said he is planning to issue a citation for illegal use of aerial fireworks, a misdemeanor. No juveniles were involved in the incident, Roberts said.

Roberts said the incident was unintentional so he’s not pursuing felony charges at this time.

Erin Fenner: 208-377-6207, @erinfenner

  Comments