Kuna man arrested, released, arrested again

Authorities say 21-year-old Shayne A. Angwin was busy this week. And not in a good way.

Kuna police accuse Angwin of breaking into a snack stand at a Kuna baseball field on Second Street, a Kuna-area dog-grooming business and a city maintenance yard on Fourth Street earlier this week. After he got out of jail Thursday, police say he went right back to committing crime, burglarizing a snow-cone stand.

According to police:

Shortly before 1:30 a.m. Friday, an Ada County sheriff’s dispatcher received a call from a witness who saw a man go through a window to gain access to the snow-cone stand on North Doe Avenue.

An officer with the Kuna Police Department, which is staffed by the Ada County Sheriff’s Office under a contract with the city, saw a man later identified as Angwin jump out of the stand and run away. The officer chased after the suspect, who refused commands to stop. The foot chase ended after the officer climbed over a fence and ordered Angwin to halt. That time, he did.

The officer found flavor packs from the snow-cone machine in Angwin’s pockets, along with a word-search puzzle that said “I love sno cones.”

The burglaries at the baseball field concession stand, the dog-grooming business and the city maintenance yard were reported to police Wednesday morning.

Thieves had stolen money from the snack stand and grooming business and damaged both buildings. Police found evidence linking two teenage boys, 16 and 17, to the concession stand. The boys were later located at a skate park on Second Street. Officers said they learned that Angwin had orchestrated the break-ins and taken part in the crimes.

Angwin was arrested Wednesday afternoon and taken to the Ada County Jail, where he was charged with felony burglary. He spent the night before posting $5,000 bail and walked out of the jail at 4 p.m. Thursday.

For the snow-cone caper, Angwin was charged with burglary and resisting or obstructing officers. He was arraigned Friday afternoon. Bail was set at $25,000.

Angwin is scheduled to return to court July 2 for a preliminary hearing for both sets of charges.

The teenage boys have not been charged. Police contacted their parents and are continuing their investigation.