A house fire in Eagle put two people temporarily out of a home Tuesday night, according to Eagle Fire Battalion Chief Rob Shoplock.
No one was injured in the fire, but the burn destroyed the roof an attic of the home on the 2000 block of North Emerald Bay Avenue.
"(The fire) completely burned the roof off," Shoplock said. "(The house was) built really solid so the crews were able to get in and aggressively fight fire."
The husband and wife were downstairs in the basement when the blaze took off, Shoplock said. The wife saw a glow outside, and then realized the roof and attic were on fire. The call came in at around 10 p.m. and engines from Eagle, Boise, Meridian and Star responded.
The couple received assistance, including a hotel stay, from the Eagle Fire Burnout Fund, Shoplock said.
While the house was a total loss, crews were able to recover valuables, Shoplock said.