Two residents of a home on the 6900 block of West Hummel Drive got out with their pets safe when fire flared in the garage Friday morning, according to Boise Fire Department.
The fire was called in about 7 a.m. when joggers passing by a home, noticed smoke coming out of the garage. Firefighters arrived on scene and put out the blaze within minutes, according to the fire department.
Smoke poured into the home, but the flames were contained to the garage.
Two cats were in the home. One got out on its own and ran away, and the other was administered oxygen, but is expected to be fine, according to the fire department.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Investigators later determined the fire was accidental, starting due to a propane heater.
Smoke is pretty thick at the 6900 block of Hummel Drive, but no flames showing. pic.twitter.com/R1Mp30WTfH— Erin Fenner (@erinfenner) September 18, 2015