The fair opens at noon at Expo Idaho, 5610 N Glenwood St. in Garden City.
• 12:30 p.m. Idaho Woodcarvers Guild Demonstration, South Expo — Hobby Craft Department.
• 1:30 p.m. Sword swallower/comedy by Dan Meyer, Spectra Stage (also at 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.).
• 6 p.m. Women’s Skillet Toss, The Onion Ring.
• 6:30 p.m. Axe Women Loggers of Maine, Western Town.
• 8 p.m. Kachunga alligator show.
• 7:30 p.m. Wednesday: Canadian post-grunge rockers Theory of a Deadman hit the stage with the flavor of Nickelback. Concert is included in gate admission.
Admission at gate: 12 and older, $9; children 6 to 11, $5; children 5 and younger, free. Seniors (62 and older), $6.
Fair hours: Noon to 11 p.m. every day, except the final day, Sunday, Aug. 30, which is noon to 9 p.m.
Statesman coupon book: One or two coupons pay for the price of the whole book. Available for $5 at Statesman booths at the fair (Center Expo and near Gate A).
Half-Price Sunday: Get half off fair admission with an Idaho Statesman coupon that can be found in the newspaper every day through Saturday. Also available at the Statesman booths at the fair.
Armed Forces Day: Servicemen and women with military ID card, VA medical card or DD-214 form get in free on Sunday, Aug. 30.