Boise & Garden City

Structure fire in Boise burns bathroom, but elderly residents escape safely

Two elderly residents in a Boise home escaped without injuries from a blaze that burned their bathroom Saturday morning, according to Boise Fire Department.

The call came in Saturday morning and several engines were sent to the 10000 block of West Crown Drive, according to Boise Fire.

The two residents, their cat and dog got out of the home safely, and firefighters were able to contain the burn within minutes, according to Boise Fire.

The fire started in the residents’ bathroom. The cause of the fire was ruled accidental and Boise Fire warned people to douse matches in water before disposing of them.

  Comments