Boise & Garden City

UPDATE: Monday morning Boise attic fire caused by aged wiring

The two-alarm fire, called in at about 7:45 a.m. Monday, was reported by a passer-by who saw smoke coming from the attic of a home in the 2500 block of West Heron Street, off of North 26th Street and north of State Street.

According to the Boise Fire Department, the flames were accidental, caused by old wiring in the attic.

The family who lives in the home was evacuated safely and fire crews brought the fire under control within half an hour, minimizing damage to the house.

A news release about the fire urges Boise residents with older homes to examine and update their electrical systems as needed.

  Comments