A two-alarm structure fire on the 4,700 block of South Maple Grove Road sent one person to the hospital Saturday afternoon, according to Boise Fire Battalion Chief Tom Pawek.
The fire was called in at 2:24 p.m. as a one-alarm incident. But, when they arrived at the residence, firefighters saw smoke and increased it to a two-alarm fire. The action was a precautionary measure, to make sure enough personnel was on scene in case the incident got out of hand. Six engines and two trucks were on scene to aid in putting out the flames , he said.
One man was transported to the hospital, but did not sustain life-threatening injuries, Pawek said.
The fire started in the second story of the house, Pawek said. The cause of the fire was a space heater. There had been no working fire detectors in the home, according to a Boise Fire Department tweet.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Idaho Statesman
Four adults and three children live in the residence, Pawek said.