Three adults evacuated a home on the 3000 block of West Whitman Drive early Friday morning after an unattended candle sparked a fire, according to a Boise Fire Department press release.
Crews responded to the fire at 4:17 a.m. and knocked it down by 4:35 a.m., according to the release.
No one needed hospitalization, and the Burnout Fund is assisting the family with housing, according to the release.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Idaho Statesman
BFD spokeswoman Tammy Barry said the damage was concentrated in one bedroom, where it began. The rest of the house is habitable, she said.
Barry urged residents to check the batteries on their smoke detectors, noting that there were no working smoke detectors in the residence.