Local

Fire at China Blue quickly extinguished

By Nicole Blanchard

nblanchard@idahostatesman.com

Crime scene tape can be seen in the alley behind China Blue, which experienced a small fire on the second floor Saturday due to an improperly extinguished cigarette.
Crime scene tape can be seen in the alley behind China Blue, which experienced a small fire on the second floor Saturday due to an improperly extinguished cigarette. kmoeller@idahostatesman.com

Boise Fire Department quickly extinguished a fire at China Blue night club in Downtown Boise on Saturday afternoon, said BFD spokeswoman Tammy Barry.

The fire, reported at 4:46 p.m., was started on the second story of the building by a cigarette butt that was improperly disposed of into a planter, Barry said.

There were no injuries and all of the building’s occupants were evacuated safely. Barry said the business plans to open tonight as usual.

She encouraged smokers to be sure that they’ve disposed of cigarette butts safely in order to avoid similar accidental fires.

  Comments