Local

Two-alarm fire at Boise Bench home sparked by cigarette butt

The Boise Fire Department is investigating a late afternoon fire that seriously damaged a Bench home Thursday.

The fire was reported in the 2000 block of South Hervey Street near Palouse Street about 4:40 p.m. A female resident got out of the home and was treated on scene, the fire department reports.

Damage to the home is estimated at about 30 percent, a BFD spokeswoman said.

Investigators determined the fire was accidental, caused by improper disposal of a cigarette butt. Boise firefighters encourage people to douse cigarette butts with water.

.Bushes reportedly caught fire and spread to the house and attic, the fire department reports. Six fire engines and two trucks responded and had the two-alarm fire under control within about 15 minutes, the department reports.

  Comments