Local

Discarded cigarette butt started house fire near North Eagle Road

Crews from Boise, Meridian and Eagle responded to a two-alarm house fire in the 13000 block of West Meadowdale Drive near North Eagle Road. They put out the fire by 6 p.m.

Investigators determined that the fire started on the back patio from a discarded cigarette butt, according to the Boise Fire Department. Passers-by called in the fire. There was one person at home at the time who was evacuated safely.

A Boise Fire spokeswoman said Friday evening that the extent of the damage was not yet known.

  Comments