Local

Boise house fire ruled accidental; resident safely evacuated

The Boise Fire Department is investigating a Wednesday evening house fire that started on a porch in the 7200 block of West Mojave Drive near West Amity Road.

One person was safely evacuated from the home and the fire was quickly brought under control. The house was severely damaged, the fire department reports.

The fire was reported about 6 p.m., with initial reports that about half of the house was involved. It was initially categorized as a two-alarm fire, but the second alarm was soon canceled. The BFD tweeted that the fire was in mop-up stage about 6:30 p.m.

At 10 p.m., the fire department tweeted that the cause of the fire was accidental. The fire started near a barbecue grill, so Boise Fire reminded the public to grill safely.

  Comments