The parking lot of Hyatt Hidden Lakes Reserve was blocked off early Tuesday morning, as authorities investigated a death.
A Boise police spokesman confirmed officers investigated a possible suicide at the park. No other information was released Tuesday.
Hyatt Hidden Lakes Reserve is west of North Maple Grove Road and south of Chinden Boulevard.
You can help
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
If someone you know is in emotional crisis, call the Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
Warning signs to watch for:
• Talking about wanting to die.
• Looking for a way to kill oneself.
• Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
• Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
• Talking about being a burden to others.
• Increasing use of alcohol or drugs.
• Acting anxiously, agitatedly or recklessly.
• Sleeping too little or too much.
• Withdrawing or isolating oneself.
• Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge.
• Extreme mood swings.
Other things you can do to help:
• Do not leave the person alone.
• Be direct. Talk openly and matter-of-factly about suicide.
• Listen. Allow expressions of feelings. Accept the feelings.
• Be nonjudgmental. Don't debate. Don't lecture on the value of life.
• Don't act shocked. That will put distance between you.
• Don't be sworn to secrecy. Seek support.
• Offer hope that alternatives are available, but do not offer glib reassurance.
• Take action. Remove means, such as guns, sharp objects or stockpiled pills.
• Get help by calling the hotline or visiting suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
• Take the person to an emergency room or seek help from a medical or mental health professional.
Source: National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, National Institute of Mental Health