Local

Weekend duplex fire caused by kids playing with a candle

Boise Fire Department investigators have determined that the Saturday night fire in a North 32nd Street duplex that was being remodeled was accidentally caused by children playing with a candle, BFD communication coordinator Tammy Barry said Monday evening.

Boise police are investigating the children’s role in the fire, which happened in the 900 block of North 32nd about 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Barry said.

No one was living in the duplex, which was under construction for remodeling.

The second floor of the duplex was significantly damaged, but the first floor just sustained smoke damage, the fire department reports. Firefighters had the fire contained within 20 minutes, and completely extinguished within 45 minutes.

  Comments