A fire at a fourplex in southwest Boise caused serious damage to two units but no injuries, according to Boise Fire Department spokeswoman Char Jackson.
The fire, reported around 1:30 p.m. at 9177 W. Brogan Dr., began outside, Jackson said. It affected only two of the units in the building, heavily damaging one and causing less severe damage to the other.
Jackson said residents have been evacuated and are getting assistance from the burnout fund. She’s not certain when they may be able to return to their homes.
By 2:30 p.m., firefighters had extinguished the blaze. BFD sent out a Tweet on Wednesday evening, saying the fire was caused by improperly discarded smoking materials.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.