There are many ways to recall 2008. The first African-American president. The worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.
But how about that naked lady in Dick Cheney's sunglasses? Or that woman who asked Obama about his lapel flag pin during the ABC debate? Or China's anger at Bill O'Reilly?
Those topics were among the 25 stories that were the most-read by McClatchy Web readers. What better way to remember 2008 than revisiting what readers found most interesting?
1. Is that really a naked woman in Dick Cheney's sunglasses?
2. Holiday sex: Christmas season is peak for mating
3. McCain could still win — if everything broke his way
4. Bush shoe incident caught Secret Service flatfooted
5. Clinton's '35 years of change' omits most of her career
6. Palin soap opera: Drug in Levi's mom's case is oxycontin
7. Out of bounds! McCain misstates Obama sex-ed record
8. Clinton blasts Bush for not stopping a project Bill OK'd
9. Daring to utter the 'L' word: Obama on track to a landslide
10. Tabloid's claims threaten Edwards' role at party's convention
11. Palin's own words: 'Amazing we did as well as we did'
12. Alaska glaciers grew this year, thanks to colder weather
13. Father who joined up after sniper killed son deploys to Iraq
14. Obama's unusual transition: Already a co-president
15. Obama blames Fox News, e-mail for likely loss in Kentucky
16. Missouri, the bellwether, backed the loser. What happened?
17. An angry China is lashing out at its foreign critics
18. Private sector loans, not Fannie or Freddie, triggered crisis
19. Obama questioner explains why she finds him annoying
20. Bar owners turn to alcohol 'audits' to cut spills, boost profits
21. General who probed Abu Ghraib says Bush officials committed war crimes
22. More Palin family trouble: Levi's mom's been arrested
23. Miami airport security cameras see through clothing
24. Palin meets the press, and the reviews aren't good
25. Another Catholic pastor labels voting for Obama a sin