The Boise Spring Home Show and Boise Flower and Garden Show are in full swing this weekend.
▪ The 45th annual Spring Home Show offers tons of information and products from its 200 vendors on everything you need to improve your home inside and out this spring, plus huge landscaping displays to inspire your backyard projects. 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday, March 17, and Friday, March 18, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, March 19, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, March 20, Expo Idaho, 5610 N. Glenwood St., Garden City. $5 general, $4 for 62 and older, free for 12 and younger. BoiseSpringHomeShow.com.
▪ The 20th annual Boise Flower & Garden Show will fill the Boise Centre, 850 Front St., Boise, Friday to Sunday, March 18-20, with bulbs and perennials to plant, exotic orchids, yard and patio designs and more. Sign up for seminars with area experts and get advice from “Gardening with Ciscoe” host Ciscoe Morris, who will speak at 3 p.m. March 18. Also, see a bonsai display, flower show and container auction, and groove to Wine and Jazz on March 18. 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. March 18, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. March 19 and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 20, Boise Centre, 850 W. Front St. $8 general, $3 kids 12-17, free for 11 and younger. GardenShowBoise.com.
Mark the calendar
▪ You’ll find a mix of grasses, trees, shrubs, ground covers and flowers at the Native Plant Sale. If you want first pick, become a member at IdahoNativePlants.org. 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, April 22, for members; 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 23, for the public, MK Nature Center, 600 S. Walnut St., Boise.
▪ The Idaho Botanical Garden’s Members Only Plant Sale offers water-wise, hardy and native plants. Proceeds support IBG’s horticultural programs. 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, May 5, at IBG, 2355 Old Penitentiary Road, Boise. www.IdahoBotanicalGarden.org.
▪ IBG’s annual Private Garden Tour will take you to eight lusciously cultivated gardens in the Collister and North End neighborhoods from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, June 12. $25 general, $20 members in advance online, by calling 343-8649 and at the garden, 2355 Penitentiary Road, starting April 4. Tickets are $10 more on the day of the event, at any garden on the tour and at Edwards Greenhouse, 4106 Sand Creek St., Boise, where you’ll find food trucks and entertainment.
You’ll find more information about area plant sales that benefit nonprofits in the Saturday Explore section each week in the gardening calendar.