Here’s a list of things Treasure Valley gardeners can do in February:
▪ Inventory holdings in freezer and pantry so you can plan what to include and how much to plant in your veggie garden this year.
▪ Inspect garden tools. Remove any rust. Sharpen spades.
▪ Check the “bones” of your landscaping for visual appeal, and make plans to improve it with added shrubs or hardscaping.
▪ Plant seeds of broccoli, cabbage and other cole crops indoors.
▪ Prune trees/shrubs (except for spring bloomers such as forsythia and lilacs), trees and grapevines.
▪ Late in the month, begin removing winter mulch.