Here’s a list of things Treasure Valley gardeners can do in February:
▪ Inventory holdings in freezer and pantry so you can plan what to include and how much to plant in your veggie garden this year.
▪ Inspect garden tools. Remove any rust. Sharpen spades.
▪ Check the “bones” of your landscaping for visual appeal, and make plans to improve it with added shrubs or hardscaping.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Idaho Statesman
▪ Plant seeds of broccoli, cabbage and other cole crops indoors.
▪ Prune trees/shrubs (except for spring bloomers such as forsythia and lilacs), trees and grapevines.
▪ Late in the month, begin removing winter mulch.