Much admired for the warmth and coziness it brings to a space, brown remains one of the most versatile colors to use in a color scheme. Here are my top 10 Design Recipes tips.
1. Don’t be afraid to pair brown with pale colors. Brown is a wonderful complement to colors such as powder pink, soft blue and even lavender.
2. Consider using different shades of brown in your space. A combination of light, medium and darker brown can make a luxurious statement.
3. Pair brown with pure white. The contrast can make a bold color palette.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
4. Use wood pieces as a way to infuse brown into your space.
5. Look for interesting and creative ways to introduce brown into your space such as in artwork, accessories or small pieces such as coffee tables.
6. Tints, tones and shades of brown can be used in the same space to create a cohesive look.
7. Don’t be afraid to pair brown with bright bold colors such as chartreuse, hot pink or a bold lime green. These color combinations are both modern and fresh.
8. Consider painting an accent wall or small space such as a bathroom the color brown. This is an opportunity to bring brown into your space in a way that could be transitioned to another color later if you desire.
9. Try mixing brown accessories of various textures, such as throws, toss pillows and rugs.
10. Don’t forget about using metallics. Metallics continue to be more popular than ever in home decor. Finishes such as bronze can add a wonderful, unexpected pop of brown to your space.
Cathy Hobbs, is an Emmy Award-winning television host and interior design and home staging expert. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.cathyhobbs.com.