Idaho vintners will open their casks and doors for the annual Thanksgiving Weekend Open House. You’ll find barrel tastings, new releases, discounts by the case and bottle, and food and entertainment at wineries and tasting rooms throughout the Boise area and Snake River Appellation. Most wineries are open Friday, Nov. 25, through Sunday, Nov. 27 (unless otherwise noted), and charge a tasting free. Many wineries let you use the fee toward any day-off purchases, so be sure to ask.
▪ Mouvance Winery, 1414 W. Grove St., Boise, will offer Black Friday (and Saturday) discounts, tastings and cheese-and cracker-pairings from noon to 6 p.m. Nov. 25-26. $5.
▪ Snake River Winery Tasting Room, 786 W. Broad St., in BoDo, will offer $5 flights and other tastings from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 25-26, noon to 5 p.m., Nov. 27.
▪ Bitner Vineyards, 16645 Plum Road Caldwell, is open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 25, noon to 5 p.m. Nov. 26-27.Purchase one case of red wine, and receive six white wines for just $1 (that’s two Chardonnays, two Dry Rieslings and two Late Harvest Rieslings, a $116.75 value). $5 general.
▪ Fujishin Family Cellars, 15593 Sunny Slope Road, Caldwell, will offer barrel and bottle tastings and soups from the Orchard House, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Nov. 25-27. $5 general, free for club members.
▪ HAT Ranch Winery, 15343 Plum Road, Caldwell, will share new releases and offer discounts from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 25-27. $10 tasting fee includes cheese pairings and sweets.
▪ Hells Canyon Winery/Zhoo Zhoo Wines, 18835 Symms Road, Caldwell, will celebrate with barrel tastings, new releases and older vintages, two-for-one case deals, grilled tri-tip from F&J Grilling and more from noon to 5 p.m. Nov. 25-27. $10 general, $8 for club members (includes a glass).
▪ Huston Vineyards, 16473 Chicken Dinner Road, Caldwell, will offer wine-tasting symposiums with owner and winemaker Gregg Alger, and “Christmas in the Barn,” a four-course small bite wine and food tasting. $10 general, $5 members (includes a signature glass).
▪ Koenig Vineyards & Distillary, 21452 Hoskins Road, Caldwell, will pour new wine releases and offer barrel tastings in its new tasting room from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 25-26. You can meet master winemaker Greg Koenig and enjoy house-made soup. Free.
▪ Ste. Chapelle Winery, 19348 Lowell Road, Caldwell, will kick off the holidays with hourly tours, a cheese and wine station, barrel and bottle tastings and food samples from noon to 5 p.m., Nov. 25-26. Singer/songwriter Spencer Batt will play 1 to 4 p.m. both days. $15 general, $10 wine club members.
▪ Williamson Orchards and Vineyards, 14807 Sunny Slope Road, Caldwell, will offer barrel tastings, a soup contest and a local craft market from noon to 5 p.m. Nov. 25-27. On Nov. 26, the Encore Theater Carolers will perform from 2 to 3 p.m. $5 wines flights, and $5 barrel samples.
▪ Meriwether Cider Company, 5242 Chinden Blvd., Garden City, will offer tastes of its holiday ciders Cranberry Crosscut, American Apple Pie and others from 4 to 8 p.m. Nov. 25-27.
▪ Cinder Wines, 107 E. 44th St., Garden City, will offer tastes from the barrel and bottle, wine seminars, kids art projects and food trucks from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 25-26. $15 general, 5 wine club members (includes a glass).
▪ Head across the alley to Split Rail & Syringa wineries, 4338 W. Chinden Blvd., Garden City, for more tastings, music and holiday cheer from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 25-26. You’ll be able to taste Split Rail winemaker Jed Glavin’s Horned Beast, which won the 2016 Idaho Wine Competition. Read about it here. $10 general, $5 for members (includes a glass).
▪ Telaya Wine Co. & Coiled Wines, 240 E. 32nd St., Garden City, will offer barrel and bottle tasting from noon to 6 p.m. Nov. 25-26 in their new shared tasting facility. The party includes live music and food trucks from noon to 6 p.m. on Nov. 27. $5.
▪ Crossings Winery, 1289 W. Madison Ave., Glenns Ferry, will offer “Black Friday Weekend” discounts on cases and bottles from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Nov. 25-26. $8 tasting fee.
▪ Indian Creek Winery, 1000 N. McDermott Road, Kuna, will offer appetizers and tastings, music, photo booth and gift shopping from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 25-27. $10 general, $7 members (includes glass).
▪ Vizcaya Winery, 8987 S. Greenhurst Road, Kuna, will host a wine release party all weekend with live music (from 2 to 5 p.m.), food truck (from noon to 4 p.m.), wine discounts and raffles from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Nov. 25-27. Music schedule: Patrick Dansereau, Nov. 25; Douglas Cameron, Nov. 26.
▪ Sawtooth Winery, 13750 Surrey Lane, Nampa. will be open for tastings and more from noon to 5 p.m., Nov. 25-26. $10 guests, $5 wine club members.
▪ Parma Ridge Wine and Spirits, 24509 Rudd Road, Parma, will offer discounts on art and wine, plus tastings and food specials from noon to 8 p.m. Nov. 25, noon to 5 p.m. Nov. 26, 11 a.m. to 5 p.,m. Nov. 27.
▪ At Snake River Winery, 24013 Arena Valley Road, Parma, you can tour the winery, meet winemaker Scott DeSeelhorst and taste from the barrel and bottle from noon to 4 p.m., Nov. 25-26. Free.