How many newsmakers can you identify in this multiple choice quiz?
1. At the age of 8, I won a chess championship in New York. I am a refugee, and I was homeless before I won the tournament, but now I have a home.
A. Tanitoluwa Adewumi
B. Serjay Karjarkin
C. Bobby Fischer
2. I am an astronaut living on the International Space Station. When I return to Earth I will hold a record for the longest single spaceflight for a woman.
A. Sally Ride
B. Mae Jemison
C. Christina Koch
3. I'm 19 years old and the first ever Youth Poet Laureate. I'm the founder of One Pen One Page, which promotes literacy to children and teenagers through free creative writing programs.
A. Amanda Gorman
B. Sonita Alizadeh
C. Natalie Diaz
4. I am a cartoonist. You might know my comics about growing up with braces, a babysitting club or even ghosts.
A. Raina Telgemeier
B. Jennifer L. Holm
C. Victoria Jamieson
5. I am the youngest racer to win the IndyCar Classic race in Texas, at only 18 years old. My father also has a career in racing.
A. Patricio O'Ward
B. Colton Herta
C. Will Power
6. I was born on May 6. My mom was an actress. She's now a duchess. My dad is a prince. I am already famous.
A. George Alexander Louis Windsor
B. Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Windsor
C. Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor
Answers: 1-A, 2-C, 3-A, 4-A, 5-B, 6-C
ABOUT THE WRITER
Carley Campbell, 18, is an iGeneration Youth reporter living in, Dumont, N.J.
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
TO SUBSCRIBE TO KIDS & TEENS ELEMENTS
This column/content is for subscribers only. It is sold separately and is not included in your Tribune News Service subscription. To subscribe, please contact Rick DeChantal at Tribune Content Agency, (866) 280-5210 or email@example.com, or you can purchase individual columns a la carte at www.tribunenewsservice.com.
PHOTOS (for help with images, contact 312-222-4194):