Create a special keepsake this holiday season.
▪ Place a stencil over a wood slice (I used birch and basswood coaster pieces). Use painters tape to secure the stencil and cover any exposed wood.
▪ Slowly roll paint over the stencil, covering all open areas. Peel away the tape after the paint dries.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Idaho Statesman
▪ Turn an eye screw into the top edge of the ornament. You may need to hammer in a nail first to give the screw traction.
▪ Cut a piece of twine and thread it through the eye screw. Tie a knot to create a loop.
▪ Wood slices or coasters
▪ Black paint
▪ Painters tape
▪ Paint roller and tray
▪ Screw eyes
▪ Hammer and nail (optional)