A public memorial reception will be held at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, July 7, for Ruya Kadir, the 3-year-old girl who was killed in an attack at her birthday party last weekend. The event will take place in room 100 of the Boise Centre in downtown.
Guests are asked to wear small amounts of pink or to accept the pink ribbons that are passed out at the event in Ruya's honor, the International Rescue Committee in Boise said in a release. Boise Centre Communications Manager Mary-Michael Rodgers said there will be several guest speakers at the event, including Boise Police Chief Bill Bones.
▪ A slain refugee was set to start preschool Monday. Despite tragedy, staffers carry hope
▪ Will prosecutors seek death penalty for man accused of stabbing toddler?
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Idaho Statesman
▪ Mother of 3-year-old slain in mass stabbing wants justice for daughter: "She is gone."
▪ She's 6, 'a bright, happy little girl.' Stabbed in Boise. Her brother and mother too.
▪ A slain girl's mother wanted a garden for her daughter, so Boise firefighters got to work
▪ 3-year-old birthday girl dies after Boise stabbing, suspect charged with murder
▪ The man accused of killing toddler, stabbing 8 refugees, was arrested just 2 months ago
▪ 9 hurt, 4 critically, as man stabs refugee families at Boise low-income apartments
▪ Opinion: Following stabbing attack, Boise translates welcoming words into community action
▪ Opinion: Mayor Bieter: One awful act does not define us. Here’s our next steps as a welcoming city