Maroon 5’s USA Tour 2016 lands at Taco Bell Arena on Sunday, Oct. 9.
The band’s latest album, “V,” debuted at the top of the Billboard’s Top 200. The album’s debut single “Maps,” set a record for the highest debut by a group on Top 40 radio charts in 18 years and has earned a top 100 spot in 18 countries.
And if that’s not enough, the music video for the band’s chart topping single “Sugar” has logged nearly one billion views to date.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Tickets are available here for $50.50, $80.50 and $126. (But very few tickets reportedly remain at this point.)
In the meantime, here are a few things you may not know about Maroon 5 and its guests:
1) Capturing their first of three Grammy Awards as “Best New Artist” of 2005 and going on to sell more than 17 million albums worldwide, Maroon 5’s releases have gone gold and platinum in over 35 countries.
2) The band won over fans and critics alike with hits like “Makes Me Wonder” and “If I Never See your Face Again.” In 2010, the band released their third studio album, Hands All Over, which featured the group’s anthemic chart-topping smash single “Moves Like Jagger.” The song has since gone on to become one of the best-selling singles of all time.
3) You can check out a new mini (as in, three-minute) documentary about the band which will give you a sense of what it’s like to be mega superstars and play for 400,000 screaming fans. The mini doc, streaming online, takes you behind the scenes of Rock In Rio Lisboa, where Maroon 5 headlined a packed stadium.
4) And a few more for lovers of both the band and trivia:
▪ The band’s original name? Kara’s Flowers.
▪ Lead singer Adam Levine is familiar on the small screen as a coach on “TheVoice,” the popular music competition show. But he’s also had a spot on the big screen. Levine made his acting debut in the 2012 season of “American Horror Story.”
▪ Bassist Mickey Madden is a vegan.
▪ Lead guitarist James Valentine was raised as a Mormon.
▪ Drummer Matt Flynn has played drums for Gavin DeGraw, but also the B-52’s.