Carrie Underwood — America’s country-music sweetheart — brings her acclaimed “The Storyteller Tour: Stories in the Round” to Boise’s Taco Bell Arena tonight (Tuesday, Sept. 6).
The seven-time Grammy winner launched this in-the-round tour in January with a massive stage that spans the length of most arena floors.
“I always love being on the road performing for my fans,” Underwood said in a press release, “but something about this tour feels more magnetic than ever. Having a 360-degree view of the audience gives me the opportunity to connect with more fans and feed off their energy.”
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
In the meantime, here are five things you may not know about Underwood:
1) You likely know that Underwood’s road to fame started when she won the fourth season of “American Idol” in 2005, but have you watched her “American Idol” audition? Check it out here.
2) Underwood recently told People magazine that she does her own makeup and laundry on the road. She even brings her toddler son Isaiah and her dogs on tour, too. “We travel with a washer-dryer. Doing my own laundry makes me feel like a human,” the 33-year-old singer said.
3) Underwood’s tour recently ranked as 20th in global concert tours (average box office gross per city), according to Pollstar, an industry-trade publication, in its Sept. 2 rankings release. Underwood’s average box office gross per city was $769,695 and the average ticket price was $66.66 for the period. (Who was No. 1 for that period? Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band with $6,318,368 in average box office and $100.15 in average ticket price.)
4) Underwood joins Garth Brooks, Luke Bryan, Chris Stapleton and Keith Urban as nominees for the 2016 Country Music Association entertainer of the year. The awards show, in its 50th year, will air live Nov. 2 on ABC from Nashville.
5) Underwood will host the 2016 CMA Awards with fellow country singer/musician Brad Paisley again. It will be the duo’s ninth consecutive run at hosting the awards. (Editor’s note: We personally think these two make a hilarious team! Wise choice, CMAs.)